Losing Justin Bour hurts
Justin Bour had a good night at the plate Wednesday, picking up both his first two runs batted in and his first home run as a Phillie. Granted, he struck out three times, including with the bases loaded in the top of the ninth. Still, his bat has been a welcome addition to an otherwise dismal offense.
More from Phillies News
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
Bour’s bat will now be missing for several weeks as he was placed on the disabled list before Thursday’s game with an oblique strain. He said it occurred on his final swing of the game Wednesday night, which is what may have prompted a double switch from Gabe Kapler.
He went hitless with three strikeouts in four plate appearances. The Phillies need their offense to be firing on all cylinders for the next month, and losing Bour makes that harder.