7: Asdrubal Cabrera SS
Cabrera has not been great since the Phillies acquired him. He has batted just .208 with 2 HR and just 8 RBI. His average has dropped 11 points since coming to Philadelphia. However he has actually done a solid job defensively, a question mark when acquired, and is the best option the Phillies have at the position.
More from Phillies News
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
I personally like the La Russa method. Batting a pitcher eighth makes room for a leadoff caliber guy to bat ninth. Which is what will happen in this hypothetical scenario.
9: Cesar Hernandez 2B
I would like to try Hernandez out of the leadoff spot. Following back to back seasons with a .294 average, Hernandez is batting just .260 this year.
While his on-base percentage has also dipped, it is still at a very impressive .367 which is why I can understand leaving him up top. However. ninth is a semi-similar role and I personally think dropping him down would help a lot.