Phillies first month in review: Who was hot, who wasn’t in April
By John Town
4 of 4
Somewhere in the middle
3B Maikel Franco
– Franco’s numbers this season are an improvement on last year’s with a .250/.290/.440 line and 101 OPS+ in 24 games. It is the first time his OPS+ is over 100 since 2015. Still, they aren’t amazing overall and he continues to show poor plate discipline. He certainly isn’t saving himself from being replaced by Manny Machado.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Phillies rumors: Club targets Seth Lugo for possible bullpen role
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
He is day-to-day after suffering an elbow contusion in Tuesday’s loss.
Next: Phillies former closer Ken Giles goes on rampage
May will go a long way towards whether or not this team is the wild-card contender we thought they were in mid-April.