2013 Phillies selection: J.P. Crawford SS 16th overall
Finally, a successful pick. Crawford has been more than successful as he awaits his first year as the everyday shortstop for the Phillies. While his first run at the pros didn’t go great (.214 AVG 0 HR) it was merely a September call up and he will definitely have success in his new role. He will give Phillies plenty to cheer about for many years to come.
More from Phillies News
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
With that being said, while I think Crawford will have a ton of MLB success and will be a star on a contending team. There is only one player I would take in picks 17-33 over Crawford. That man’s name is Aaron Judge. The Phillies could have had the 2017 AL Rookie of the Year, MVP runner up, All Star, 52 home run hitting star. Sorry J.P. but I’m making a business decision here.
Phillies new selection: Aaron Judge RF (originally 32nd overall by New York Yankees)