Who Will Be Dealt Come The Trade Deadline?
Trade rumors being my strong suit, I considered this to be my most accurate of the five and I was correct for the most part.
Accurately predicting the Phillies would be sellers at the deadline, I stated:
More from Phillies News
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
"“If that becomes the case, look for this new-look Phillies bullpen to be the first position jettisoned, followed by the veteran starters.”"
This proved to be correct as Pat Neshek and Joaquin Benoit were both dealt as well as Jeremy Hellickson from the rotation. The other two arms listed proved to be disappointments as both Jeanmar Gomez (DFA) and Clay Buchholz (injury) weren’t even with the team come the deadline.
In terms of starters, I clearly whiffed on Saunders as he was also sent packing before the deadline however Howie Kendrick, as mentioned on a previous slide was dealt to Washington.
I did expect either Freddy Galvis or Cesar Hernandez to be traded come late July but, with J.P. Crawford’s early struggles, the Phillies did not have to luxury to do so. Nevertheless, fully expect to see either Hernandez or Galvis to be moved this off-season to make way for Crawford and Scott Kingery.