Starting Pitcher Jeremy Hellickson
Through his first five starts this season, Jeremy Hellickson has been among the best pitchers in the National League. He is tied for first in wins (4), second in hits-per-nine-innings (6.3), third in WHIP (0.800) and WAR for pitchers (1.4), and fourth in ERA (1.80).
More from Phillies News
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
Hellickson has been effective using his entire arsenal this season. His changeup has been his best pitch so far with a value of 4.6 runs. It is third-most valuable changeup in baseball. All of his pitches have a positive value, with his cutter being worth 2.0 runs.
For Hellickson to make the roster, he will have to be selected by Cubs manager Joe Maddon and his coaching staff. Hellickson has a start Tuesday against the Cubs.
If he pitches well against them, Maddon may remember it when he has to sit down and decide the rest of the roster.