Most Valuable Position Player: Runner-Up
More from Phillies News
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
Kendrick has had an impressive first week as a Phillie. The 33-year-old went 8 for 18(.444) with three extra-base hits and four runs batted in.
This all coming after a less than ideal Spring Training where he hit just .231 in 78 at bats.
The veteran left fielder currently leads the club in hits and average while also being tied for the club lead in doubles, triples and stolen bases.
Most Valuable Pitcher: Runner-Up
Hellickson only threw 67 pitches on Opening Day but made the most of them.
Although not a flashy start by any stretch of the imagination, Hellickson threw five innings of one-run ball, picking up the win in the process.
The 30-year-old righty made his second start on Sunday against the Nationals.