5. Carlos Santana: Slamtana
Slamatana is part of Santana’s Twitter username and is short, to the point, and doesn’t feel forced. He used it as an Indian last year and received positive feedback for it then.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
4. Austin Davis: Big Fudge
This award takes the cake as the most ridiculous. I have no idea how or why Davis has this nickname, but it is fun and will certainly be asked about when the weekend rolls around.
3. Seranthony Dominguez: Sir Anthony
I am so happy Dominguez picked this one. I’ve wanted this to catch on ever since one fan wore a monocle and top hat in the stands while the team was in Milwaukee. It’s a great play on his unique name. One day I want there to be a full-on “Sir Anthony’s” fan club, monocles and all.
2. Scott Kingery: JetPax
This is Kingery’s Twitter handle so it’s no surprise he uses it here. It’s just a fun name and is what this whole weekend is about.
1. Pedro Florimon: Don Ramón
Even if Florimon is on the disabled list, this is still my favorite nickname. The also belongs to a character on the Mexican TV show “El Chavo del Ocho”, a sitcom which ran during the 70s. Florimon may have gotten it from the show from his family or watching himself, but either way, I love the name and the backstory.
What did you all think about the Phillies’ nicknames?