Five players to watch in weekend Phillies-Brewers series
Ace Aaron Nola is on fire this season, and he’s scheduled to make his fifteenth start of the season in the series finale Sunday afternoon.
More from Phillies News
- Philadelphia Phillies: Most impactful transactions in 2022
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
This season, Aaron Nola is 8-2 with a 2.27 ERA. The former first-rounder hasn’t faced the Brewers this season but has made four starts against them in his career. Nola is 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA against Milwaukee.
In his last start, Nola struck out 10 batters in 6.2 one-run innings Tuesday night against the Rockies. It was nearly erased by a bullpen implosion, but Seranthony Dominguez got the team out of another jam,
Nola is on fire this season, compiling ninety strikeouts in fourteen games started. He’s expected to have another fantastic outing against the Brewers this Sunday when the two teams wrap it up..