More from That Balls Outta Here
- Phillies rumors: Club targets Seth Lugo for possible bullpen role
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
Week Record (5-1)
Year Record to Date (16-7)
Recap and Standouts
Clearwater currently boasts the system’s best record and is doing so with some of the lesser known names in the organization. One of the offensive standouts early on this season is Domek Tomscha, who after three multi-hit games this week has his average up to .329 through the first month. There were contributions sprinkled in from Zach Coppola, Herlis Rodriguez, Wilson Garcia, and Deivi Grullon that helped Clearwater to a five-win week.
On the mound, the Threshers were given a couple of really good starts from Seranthony Dominguez and Franklyn Kilome. In the 5-1 Tuesday night victory, the Dominguez carried the Threshers through six innings of four hit, one run ball. He did so with two walks and adding five Ks. Another name to keep your eyes on helped bridge that game to a close with a scoreless frame that lowered his ERA to 0.75 on the season. Davis is a hard-thrower who has a bullpen type repertoire.
Kilome, a top prospect, dominated only two days later. He threw 7 innings, allowing 7 hits, one earned run, and striking out five. He brought his ERA down to a solid 2.28 for the month. More encouraging is the fact that you do not see any walks listed above since the Phils want him to lower his walk total.