A lot of noise has already been made about the 2019 free agency class, but the 2018 class could provide a few options for the Phillies as well.
It will be a year in which each player will need to prove their worth and show that they are capable of being part of the long-term future of the franchise.
More from Phillies News
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
Best Case Scenario
The Phillies young studs show that they are ready to handle to bright lights of the show. Michael Saunders, Howie Kendrick and Jeremy Hellickson prove that they still have the talent to be heavy contributors on a daily basis. The team improves over last season’s 71-91 record and begins the steady march back to playing late October baseball.
Worst Case Scenario
The veteran signings and young prospects struggle while the Phillies find themselves back in the basement trying to piece together where the rebuild went wrong.
Luckily for the latter, the Phillies have the money to turn to free agency to fill any question marks.
With that, let’s take a look at possible free agent targets for Philadelphia come next offseason.