Relief Pitchers Jeanmar Gomez, Pat Neshek and Joaquin Benoit
Enter the mercenaries, the journeymen, the relievers.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- How will Rob Thomson manage the Philadelphia Phillies bullpen in 2023?
- How Phillies’ Ranger Suárez is set to build on 2022 postseason dominance
- What can Philadelphia Phillies expect from Bryson Stott in 2023?
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
Although all different ages, all three of these right handers have a very similar outlook for the future. Each has the potential of being a key piece in the back end of a much upgraded Phillies bullpen, however, it will be interesting to see which ones will be around passed July.
Joaquin Benoit, 39, will be trying to pitch himself into one last chance at a World Series while Pat Neshek and Jeanmar Gomez, neither young by any standard, could find themselves moved to contending teams to sure up a bullpen for a playoff run.
You can almost guarantee that Benoit will be a one and done in South Philadelphia but it is reasonable to expect to see both Neshek and Gomez back with the team in 2018.