The Phillies should be happy with their rookie diamond in the rough after an impressive power display. However, could they stun us by dealing Tommy Joseph?
More from Phillies News
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
First and foremost, I believe in Tommy Joseph. He carries a truly special story, showed true professionalism for a rookie who deserved more at-bats, and has legitimate right-handed pop for a 25-year-old.
Joseph came to Philadelphia in the 2012 Hunter Pence trade, and until this past season, hope was gone for the former top catching prospect and the trade was considered a wash.
Prior to the 2015 rule-5 draft, Joseph wasn’t added to the Phillies 40-man roster, and wasn’t protected for the draft. However, Joseph’s injuries and inexperience were just too much for teams to overpass, and Joseph landed back with the Phils.
While nobody saw it coming, Joseph was once a top prospect for his bat. It stuck true as he got healthy, and that’s what got him to the majors in 2016.
So before we reach a final verdict, let’s take these factors into consideration: