During our Philadelphia Phillies History Month here at TBOH, this weekend has been designated as ‘Home Run Weekend’.
Everyone knows that Michael Jack Schmidt is the Phils’ all-time home run king. Schmitty retired at 7th overall, and is now 16th among all players who have ever played in the big leagues with 548 career home runs.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- Phillies rumors: Club targets Seth Lugo for possible bullpen role
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
The nine players who slot in behind Schmidt on the Phillies All-Time Home Run Top 10 would be difficult for any fan of the team to name. Most are names that are very familiar. But at least one of the names would present contemporary Phils fans with a difficult challenge.
Before we get going, let’s tell you who is not on the list. These players fill in the 11-20 slots on the all-time club homer rankings: Bobby Abreu (195), Johnny Callison (185), Willie Jones (180), Scott Rolen (150), Mike Lieberthal (150), Darren Daulton (134), Von Hayes (124), Andy Seminick (123), Gavvy Cravath (117), and Stan Lopata (116).
Now it’s time to take a trip backwards through the Top 10. Before you click-through the slideshow, without doing any research, see if you can name nine sluggers besides Schmidt who you think would make the list. Then click-through, and see how you did:
Next: Phillies Top 10 All-Time HR List: #10