At the all-star break, the Phillies found themselves not unexpectedly with the worst record in the Majors at 29-62. That record has the club 21 games out of first in the NL East as we prepare to open the traditional 2nd half of the season.
While some prognosticators said the team could be historically bad, many fans of the Fightins’ disagreed, and thought that they were being too harsh on the team. The closest winning percentage to the Phils’ .319 mark belongs to the Brewers who hold a .422 percentage.
More from Phillies News
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
To put this Phillies team’s current plight into perspective, the Brewers are currently in last place in the NL Central. However, if the two teams were in the same division, the Brewers would hold a 9 1/2 game lead over the Phillies.
That in itself is depressing for die-hard Phillies fans. But through all the bleak spots, there have been some bright ones. None has been more bright than rookie third baseman Maikel Franco, especially in the fantasy game which is where I’d like to shift the focus.
After 91 games, the following are my top 5 fantasy producers for the Phils’, each of whom should continue to produce over the final 71 games: