The Phillies selected Nola out of LSU with the 7th overall selection in the 1st Round of the 2014 MLB Draft. The club holds the 10th overall pick this year.
The Phillies hold the 10th overall pick in the 1st Round, making this the 2nd consecutive season that the organization will pick in the Top 10. Last year they chose RHP Aaron Nola with the 7th overall pick.
More from That Balls Outta Here
- 3 Reasons to get excited for Phillies’ Craig Kimbrel signing
- 11 Free-agent deals the Philadelphia Phillies wish fell through
- Phillies-Mets owners’ rivalry grows after shocking Carlos Correa deal
- Could Rich Hill become ‘Jamie Moyer 2.0’ in Phillies rotation?
- Does Bailey Falter have a future in Phillies’ rotation?
A few weeks back, in my first draft-related article, I opined that the Phils should seriously consider college outfielder Ian Happ with their pick. Happ will make an excellent prospect for some team. Now as the actual Amateur Draft draws closer, I’m beginning to refine the overall possibilities, and have a new prospect to consider.
The following is my own MLB Mock Draft, compiled using the information that is publicly available through numerous sources on the internet, and based on organizational needs in some cases. As with all the “Mocks” out there, it’s purely speculative. But I hope that it adds to your enjoyment of the process, and we’ll see how I do come Monday.
Next: Picks 6-10