The TBOH staff was polled for their predictions on the expected order of finish in each of the six MLB divisions, the outcome of the MLB playoffs, and the winners of some of the major MLB awards for the coming 2015 season.
Below are the results for the expected order of finish in the National League Central. Not as overwhelming as the NL East, but still a consensus favorite. The Saint Louis Cardinals were favored by 6-3 over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
More from Phillies News
- Bryce Harper’s absence should lead to Phillies lineup tinkering
- Pirates’ bizarre Vince Velasquez hype video will make Phillies fans laugh
- Acquiring Brandon Marsh gave the Phillies flexibility
- Former Phillies starter Zach Eflin shares heartwarming goodbye message
- Is Rhys Hoskins the future at first base for the Phillies beyond 2023?
The Buccos were a clear 2nd place choice, though there was some sympathy for the upstart Chicago Cubs, who may still be a year away from a serious challenge to the top of the division. The Milwaukee Brewers are considered a middle-of-the-pack club, with the consensus for 4th place.
Was it really just a handful of years ago that I was attending a National League Division Series game between the Phillies and the Cincinnati Reds? The Fightin’ Phils are obviously not the only team that has fallen far and fast in the National League.
[table id=45 /]
[table id=46 /]