The Phillies’ confidence in Danys Baez seems to be increasing; so much so that they had him take some BP for what was apparently a reason.
“I’m pitching multiple innings now, and I just wanted to get more comfortable at the plate,” Baez said, after joking he might get a few starts in right field.
This was after what I assume was a panicked mob of reporters collectively scrambled over to the cages to demand just what in the hell he thought he was doing.
- “Danys! Danys! That’s a bat! What in gods name are you doing with it?! Starting a killing spree?!”
- “Danys, would you say you are in the batting cage or have you been trapped in there?!?”
- “Danys, look out! That’s where the balls from the pitching machine go!”
- “Danys! Home plate isn’t just a weirdly-shaped pitcher’s mound! Do you think that it is?!”
- “Look out, Danys! Here come the baseballs!”
- “How concerned are you about accidentally holding the bat upside-down?! Are ‘comic mishaps’ a big part of your strategy?!”
- “Does this indicate insane jealousy on your part of the two billion hits you’ve given up this season?!”
- “Danys, you think I could take a few hacks? Since apparently they’re letting anybody in the cage today?”