The Philadelphia Phillies wrapped up their two-game clash with the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday with a 2-1 win in 10 innings. Zack Wheeler had his best start of the season, posting a line of seven innings, three hits, one run, seven strikeouts, and one walk. The Phillies pulled out the walk-off victory on a double play gone awry, allowing Edmundo Sosa to score on the bang-bang play. On Thursday, the club is off due to the travel day to Denver, where the Phillies and Rockies face off for three games.
More Phillies News
- The Phillies have received encouraging news regarding reliever José Alvarado. Knowing that the team’s top reliever doesn’t have a severe injury is a boost.
- Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher Kevin Gausman had high praise for the Phillies’ lineup even after holding the lineup confused for his six innings on Wednesday.
- Bryson Stott has hit his first slump of the 2023 season. It makes sense since he started the season incredibly hot with his hitting streak.
- The Phillies’ team vibes have been exceptionally high as the cold cups celebration has come out in victories. The Phillies’ Edmundo Sosa and Spanish translator Diego were ready for Brandon Marsh’s sneaky ways.
- If Kenley Jansen wasn’t already an all-time closer, his latest career milestone proves that in a clear way.
- Mets starting pitcher Justin Verlander made two sets of history in his start on Wednesday against the Cincinnati Reds. One where he stands all alone and the other is where he joins three other all-time great pitchers.