Phillies News: Even Trea Turner's mom booed him, Rhys Hoskins update, more
The Philadelphia Phillies salvaged their final game against the Arizona Diamondbacks by winning 6-5 in 10 innings. The Phillies’ offense was provided a boost in the sixth inning and later by Alec Bohm, Brandon Marsh, and Trea Turner. The trio combined for all six Phillies’ runs.
The Phillies head south on Thursday for a four-game Memorial Day weekend tilt against the NL East-leading Atlanta Braves. The starters for the game are Aaron Nola (4-3, 4.31 ERA) for Philly and Dylan Dodd (2-1, 6.46 ERA) for Atlanta.
Nobody wants to see the umpires make the game about themselves. Well, that’s precisely what happened in yesterday’s win. The overall confusion emoted by thousands of people including the umpires and players occurred in the top of the 10th inning. John Kruk was ticked off, rightfully so, at the debacle.
More Phillies news
- Trea Turner’s struggles have been downright frustrating to watch. Phillies fans have hurled some boos Turner’s way recently. In particular, after his fourth at-bat in yesterday’s ball game. Trea Turner’s mom was even one of them. Thankfully, Turner tied the game with this mammoth home run in the ninth.
- Is anybody wondering how Rhys Hoskins has been doing? The last major report about him was his successful surgery on the left ACL. Now, a new Hoskins report has emerged and I think he may have a new nickname. “The Mountain Man” Rhys Hoskins currently is sporting a full beard. Maybe, he’s trying to catch up to Brandon Marsh.
- Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Jose Siri may be one of the coolest players in the league after he absolutely crushed this baseball. Siri showed all his swagger in pure admiration of his work.
- Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Marcus Stroman showed all of us his inner Derek Jeter with this highlight play. Another piece of evidence displays the fact that pitchers are athletes.
- The Baltimore Orioles made a miraculous comeback last night in the Bronx. The Yankees Twitter immediately experienced the reprecussions of their trash talk, quoting the pop megastar Taylor Swift.