The Philadelphia Phillies have lost their fourth straight game and were swept by the San Francisco Giants, 7-4. Taijuan Walker could not get out of the first inning as he recorded two outs and allowed four runs. The Phillies battled back to tie the game at 4-4 but eventually coughed up the game in the bottom of the eighth inning.
The Phillies travel back east for an off day on Thursday.
More Phillies News
- The Phillies have appointed a Mets fan group the honor of having one of their group members throw out the first pitch prior to the June 24 game between the Phillies and the Mets. Don’t worry, the person can’t don any Mets gear.
- Looking out to the farm, the Phillies have potentially found a diamond in the rough pitching prospect. The right-handed reliever’s name is Orion Kerkering and he flashes triple-digit velocity on the radar gun. He could be a prospect to watch going forward.
- The Phillies play the Chicago Cubs this weekend in a three-game series. It looks like a mismatch for the Phillies when you compare the teams by their run differential. The Cubs have a run differential of +23 and the Phillies are at a -26 run differential.
- Only in baseball man, only in baseball. This play on a random Wednesday in May is part of what makes baseball such a peculiar, quirky, and loveable game. It was a simple competition between two forty-year-old veterans, Pirates pitcher Rich Hill and Tigers DH Miguel Cabrera.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. is on a hotter tear than we may have ever seen from him. That statement probably won’t be true in due time. That just speaks to Acuna’s talent level and athleticism. Acuna is having quite the season, especially these past few days in May.