After falling just short in a hard-fought battle in last night's contest, the Philadelphia Phillies are prepared to take on the division rival Washington Nationals with revenge on the mind. At 66-56, the Phillies are by no means out of a playoff spot just yet, so all of these inter-division matchups are of the utmost importance, even against the cellar-dwelling Nationals.
Probable starting pitchers
- For the Phillies, left-hander Cristopher Sánchez is set to make his 12th start of the season. The 26-year-old has is coming off of an outing against the Twins in which he went six strong innings with five strikeouts and two earned runs allowed. As a whole, Sánchez is 1-3 with a 3.39 ERA, 4.67 FIP and 127 ERA+ on the season with 53 strikeouts and 12 walks in just over 58 innings of work.
- The Nationals are set to send 26-year-old rookie Jake Irvin to the mound to make his 19th start of the year and his career. Like Sánchez, Irvin is fresh off of a strong outing in which he went over six innings with six strikeouts against the Oakland A's. At 3-5 with a 4.76 ERA, Irvin is not going to be an ace for the Nationals but he's been a reliable innings-eater which is exactly what they needed in a rebuilding year.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 19
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 3B Alec Bohm
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C JT Realmuto
- 8. 1B Jake Cave
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Washington Nationals starting lineup, August 19
- 1. SS CJ Abrams
- 2. RF Lane Thomas
- 3. DH Joey Meneses
- 4. LF Stone Garrett
- 5. 1B Dominic Smith
- 6. C Riley Adams
- 7. Ildemaro Vargas
- 8. 2B Michael Chavis
- 9. CF Alex Call
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 4:05 pm ET
- NBCSP have the Phillies broadcast this evening.
- The Nationals broadcast will be on MASN.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Nationals fans can tune into the game on WJFK 106.7.