It might have only been two games on the schedule, but securing a series split in Toronto was an important step as the Phillies strive for a playoff spot. Now into the final quarter of the 2023 regular season, every game takes on even more significance. Philadephia is well-placed with the first NL wild card spot and need to do everything possible, to maintain their advantage over the chasing pack. Next up it's a trip to the Nation's capital, to take on a Nationals side they've had their issues with this season.
Probable starting pitchers
- We're going to go out on a limb here and predict Michael Lorenzen (7-7) won't pitch quite as well as his last time out. That would be the outing where he achieved the tremendous feat of throwing his first career no-hitter. Lorenzen threw 124 pitches in that game (also versus the Nationals), so the Phillies played it smart in giving him an extended period off between starts. On the season -- Phillies and Tigers combined -- he has a 3.23 ERA and 3.85 FIP, while also being projected to set a new single-season best with a 1.035 WHIP.
- Last season was a tough one for Joan Adon (1-0), as he saw his first sustained action in the Majors. He went just 1-12 in 14 starts, while recording a 7.10 ERA, 5.11 FIP and 1.778 WHIP. This year Adon's spent the majority of his time in Triple-A Rochester, but was recently recalled to assist the rotation. Last time out versus the Athletics he allowed two hits, a couple of walks and two runs, before being removed prior to the fourth inning for precautionary reasons due to cramp in both legs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 18
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 3B Alec Bohm
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. LF Jake Cave
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Washington Nationals starting lineup, August 18
- 1. SS CJ Abrams
- 2. CF Lane Thomas
- 3. DH Joey Meneses
- 4. C Keibert Ruiz
- 5. 1B Dominic Smith
- 6. RF Stone Garrett
- 7. 2B Jake Alu
- 8. 3B Ildemaro Vargas
- 9. LF Blake Rutherford
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:05 pm ET
- NBCSP have the Phillies broadcast this evening.
- The Nationals broadcast will be on MASN.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Nationals fans can tune into the game on WJFK 106.7.