What a night for Michael Lorenzen, Weston Wilson and everyone associated with the Phillies (63-52). The win versus the Nationals (50-65) is the kind of game which can galvanize a team to do something special. Plus, this Phillies team already know what it takes, after coming out of nowhere to make it all the way to last year's World Series. First things first though, they need to build on the momentum from Wednesday Night's 7-0 win and clinch the series in Thursday's finale.
Probable starting pitchers
- It's been a tough season for Aaron Nola (9-8), who just last year finished fourth in NL Cy Young voting. Fair or not, the staff ace hasn't been pitching like one often enough in 2023. This includes an uninspiring 4.58 ERA and leading all NL pitchers in home runs allowed. Last time out saw Nola struggle in a loss versus the Royals, allowing eight hits and five earned runs in 5.1 innings.
- With a resume which includes two All-Star selections and Cy Young consideration, Patrick Corbin (7-11) has a lot of highlights during a 11-year career in the Majors. Unfortunately for the Nationals, they've been in short supply this year. Corbin is on course for the lowest strikeout rate of his career, leads the NL in total earned runs given up and leads the Majors in hits allowed. Last time out versus the Reds wasn't too bad, as the Nationals won and he allowed four hits and three runs in 6.1 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 10
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 3B Alec Bohm
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. DH Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C JT Realmuto
- 8. RF Weston Wilson
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Washington Nationals starting lineup, August 10
- 1. SS CJ Abrams
- 2. RF Lane Thomas
- 3. DH Joey Meneses
- 4. C Keibert Ruiz
- 5. 1B Dom Smith
- 6. 3B Ildemaro Vargas
- 7. 2B Jake Alu
- 8. LF Blake Rutherford
- 9. CF Alex Call
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Nationals broadcast will be on MASN 2.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Nationals fans can tune into the game on WJFK 106.7.