It's fair to say the series versus the Twins didn't go as planned. Alec Bohm and manager Rob Thomson were both ejected on Sunday following a couple of controversial calls, as the Phillies (65-54) lost the rubber match. If nothing else, at least they maintained a hold on the top wild card spot in the NL. Next up, they travel to Toronto for an important series against a Blue Jays (66-54) team embroiled in their own battle for a playoff spot.
Probable starting pitchers
- While not quite the same caliber of two seasons ago, Zack Wheeler (9-5) is still extremely effective. In this respect he leads the NL with a 6.20 strikeouts-to-walk ratio, which projects as a personal career-high. For the Phillies specifically, Wheeler leads all pitchers with a 2.6 WAR and 15 quality starts. Last time out he gave up seven hits and three runs in 6.0 wins, striking out six in the process and picking up the win.
- Yusei Kikuchi (9-4) is traditionally renowned for being an extremely inconsistent pitcher. However, he's enjoyed a renaissance in 2023, to the point where he is on course for the best season of his five-year Major League career. Kikuchi has already set a career-high for wins, while being projected to set new personal bests in ERA (3.53), ERA+ (118), WHIP (1.234) and walks per-nine-innings (2.6). In his previous start he was excellent versus Cleveland, allowing just three hits, a walk and one run in 7.0 innings, although he still got tagged with the loss.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 15
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 1B Alec Bohm
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. 3B Edmundo Sosa
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Toronto Blue Jays starting lineup, August 15
- 1. LF Whit Merrifield
- 2. DH Brandon Belt
- 3. 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- 4. RF George Springer
- 5. 2B Cavan Biggion
- 6. C Alejandro Kirk
- 7. CF Daulton Varsho
- 8. 3B Santiago Espinal
- 9. SS Paul DeJong
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:07 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Blue Jays broadcast will be on Sportsnet.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Blue Jays fans can tune into the game on Sportsnet 590.