The Phillies (81-67) made it two out of two on Saturday night in St Louis, with a commanding 6-1 win versus the Cardinals (65-83). Ranger Suárez impressed on the mound, while Kyle Schwarber led the offense with a three-run blast in the top of the fifth. As a result, they have an encouraging 3.5 game advantage for the top NL wild card position with just 14 to play. Now they'll aim to complete the sweep in Sunday's series finale.
Probable starting pitchers
- On a peripheral level Taijuan Walker (15-5) is doing his job and winning games, as evidenced by being tied-third in the Majors with a career-high 15 wins. However, he has just 10 quality starts in 28 outings this season, while his overall statistics don't stand out. Walker has also seen a drop in production of late, as evidenced by a combined 5.73 ERA and 1.576 WHIP in his previous six starts. Last time out versus the Braves was particularly bad, as he gave up six hits, three walks and five earned runs in 5.1 innings.
- Dakota Hudson (6-2) became a regular member of the Cardinals rotation at the beginning of August and things looked promising early on, with four straight wins. However, it's been a struggle for him more recently, giving up at least five earned runs in three of his last four starts. On the season, Hudson is projected for career-worsts with a 5.10 ERA and 5.19 FIP, while also producing a 1.439 WHIP. He had arguably his worst game of the season in his previous outing against the Orioles, allowing eight hits, three walks and seven earned runs in 4.1 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 17
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. CF Brandon Marsh
- 8. RF Nick Castellanos
- 9. 1B Jake Cave
St. Louis Cardinals starting lineup, September 17
- 1. CF Lars Nootbaar
- 2. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
- 3. DH Alec Burleson
- 4. 3B Nolan Arenado
- 5. LF Richie Palacios
- 6. RF Jordan Walker
- 7. SS Tommy Edman
- 8. C Andrew Knizner
- 9. 2B Juniel Querecuto
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 2:15 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Cardinals broadcast will be on Bally Sports Midwest.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Cardinals fans can tune into the game on KMOX 1120 AM/98.7 FM, Cardinals Radio Network and WIJR AM 880.