For a series which seemed to have so much promise for the Phillies (79-67), they ultimately dropped three of four against the impressive Braves. Fortunately for them, other results around the league mean they maintain a hold on the first NL wild card position and have a 4.0 game advantage over teams chasing a playoff spot. Now it's a case of racking up some more wins, beginning with a three-game series versus a poor Cardinals (65-81) ballclub. The Phillies hold a 3-0 record versus the Cardinals so far this season, courtesy of last month's sweep in Philadelphia.
Probable starting pitchers
- Aaron Nola (12-9) continues to have an underwhelming season by his standards, whether it be compared to last year or his Major League career in general. This is best highlighted by being last in WAR among all Phillies regular starters. Nola has been in a particular funk of late, allowing at least four earned runs in five of his previous eight outings. His last start versus the Marlins began well enough with four scoreless innings, before allowing four earned runs in the fifth and departing after only managing one more out.
- Overall, Zack Thompson (5-5) has had a challenging season, particularly with a 4.06 ERA and 1.471 WHIP. Since entering the Cardinals rotation in early August he's shown some improvement, albeit not significantly. Over his past seven appearances Thompson has a 3.71 ERA and 1.324 WHIP. In his previous start against the Reds, he gave up five hits, three walks and three earned runs in 5.0 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 15
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. 1B Bryce Harper
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. LF Cristian Pache
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
St. Louis Cardinals starting lineup, September 15
- 1. CF Lars Nootbaard
- 2. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
- 3. DH Alec Burleson
- 4. 3B Nolan Arenado
- 5. C Willson Contreras
- 6. LF Richie Palacios
- 7. RF Jordan Walker
- 8. 2B Tommy Edman
- 9. SS Masyn Winn
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 8:15 pm ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on Apple TV+.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Cardinals fans can tune into the game on KMOX 1120 AM/98.7 FM, Cardinals Radio Network and WIJR AM 880.