With four wins in their past five games, the Phillies (71-58) are beginning to strengthen their position. As of Sunday morning they hold a three-game advantage for the top NL wild card spot. This situation was helped by beating the Cardinals (56-74) 12-1 on Saturday night, highlighted by a seven-run scoring blitz in the seventh inning. The Phillies will now aim for the sweep in the series finale on Sunday afternoon, at Citizens Bank Park.
Probable starting pitchers
- It was always going to be tough for Aaron Nola (11-8) to match last year, when he set single-season bests for FIP (2.58), WHIP (0.961) and walk-rate (3.6 percent). Regardless, his 2023 campaign has still been more inconsistent that you'd expect from someone with his talent level. In fairness Nola has pitched better overall of late, with the Phillies winning each of his last three starts. In his previous outing specifically, he allowed seven hits, one walk and two earned runs in 7.0 innings versus the Giants.
- Drew Rom (0-1) was selected by the Orioles in the fourth round of the 2018 draft with plenty of expectations. However, the southpaw was moved to the Cardinals at this year's trade deadline, as part of a deal in exchange for Jack Flaherty. Rom finally got to make his Major League debut last Monday against the Pirates, but it didn't go as hoped. He allowed eight hits, four walks and six earned runs in just 3.2 innings, although he did also produce four strikeouts.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 27
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. RF Nick Castellanos
- 4. DH Bryce Harper
- 5. 1B Alec Bohm
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. 3B Edmundo Sosa
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
St. Louis Cardinals starting lineup, August 27
- 1. SS Tommy Edman
- 2. LF Alec Burleson
- 3. 1B Paul Goldschmidt
- 4. DH Nolan Arenado
- 5. C Willson Contreras
- 6. 2B Nolan Gorman
- 7. CF Tyler O'Neill
- 8. RF Jordan Walker
- 9. 3B Taylor Motter
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 1:35 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Cardinals broadcast will be on Bally Sports Midwest.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Cardinals fans can tune into the game on KMOX 1120 AM/98.7 FM.