Few things in baseball are as glorious as a walk-off win, which is just what the Phillies did on Tuesday night. A revitalized Trea Turner got the game-winning hit, to help his team clinch their home series versus the Giants. As a result, the Phillies extended the gap between themselves and the competition for the top NL wild card spot (and a playoff place in general). Now they'll aim for the series sweep on Wednesday afternoon, with the interesting sub-plot of one Paul DeJong making his Giants debut.
Probable starting pitchers
- Michael Lorenzen (7-8) couldn't have come up with a much worse encore to the first no-hitter of his career. Ironically facing the same Nationals team, he pitched a season-low 3.1 innings, allowing eight hits and seven runs (six earned) in the process. It's possible the extended rest messed with Lorenzen's rhythm and routine, as he also only managed one strikeout. Regardless, he's still having a fine season overall with a 3.57 ERA and being on course for a new single-season best with a 1.079 WHIP. (Phillies and Tigers combined.)
- Alex Cobb (6-5) is having a decent season at the ripe old age of 35, highlighted by being selected for his first ever All-Star Game. However, he's had his struggles of late, allowing at least seven hits and four earned runs in four of his previous six starts. This included last time out versus the Braves, when Cobb gave up eight hits and four earned runs in 5.2 innings and was tagged with the loss. On the season, he has a 3.75 ERA, 3.84 FIP and 1.390 WHIP.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 23
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. 3B Alec Bohm
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. CF Brandon Marsh
- 9. 1B Jake Cave
San Francisco Giants starting lineup, August 23
- 1. DH LaMonte Wade Jr.
- 2. 2B Thairo Estrada
- 3. 1B Wilmer Flores
- 4. LF Joc Pederson
- 5. RF Michael Conforto
- 6. 3B J.D. Davis
- 7. C Patrick Bailey
- 8. CF Wade Meckler
- 9. SS Paul DeJong
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 4:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Giants broadcast will be on NBCSBA.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Giants fans can tune into the game on KNBR 680.