As much as the series in Milwaukee was a lost opportunity in some respects, at least the Phillies (75-61) ended it on a positive note with Sunday's 4-2 win. The series finale also saw them tie a franchise mark of six consecutive games with at least two home runs. Most importantly, the Phillies maintain a 2.5 game advantage for the top NL Wild Card spot. Next up, they face an underachieving but still dangerous Padres (65-73) ballclub in a three-game series at Petco Park.
Probable starting pitchers
- Taijuan Walker (14-5) is the definition of just getting the job done. In one respect his 4.05 ERA, 4.49 FIP and 1.307 WHIP don't jump out at you. However, the righty has already set a personal high with 14 wins, which are also tied for third-most in the Majors this season. Last time out versus the Angels, Walker allowed eight hits and two walks in 5.2 innings, but gave up just three earned runs and did enough to earn the win.
- Rich Hill (7-13) just keeps on plodding along at the age of 43 and in his 19th year in the Majors. However he's been pretty bad since his move to San Diego at the trade deadline. Hill has recorded a 8.50 ERA, 7.48 FIP and 1.611 WHIP in five appearances (including four starts). This includes allowing five hits, a walk and three earned runs last time out in a start versus the Cardinals which lasted just 4.0 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 4
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. RF Nick Castellanos
- 4. DH Bryce Harper
- 5. 1B Alec Bohm
- 6. C JT Realmuto
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. CF Cristian Pache
- 9. 3B Edmundo Sosa
San Diego Padres starting lineup, September 4
- 1. 3B Ha-Seong Kim
- 2. RF Fernando Tatis Jr.
- 3. LF Juan Soto
- 4. DH Manny Machado
- 5. SS Xander Bogaerts
- 6. 1B Garrett Cooper
- 7. C Gary Sanchez
- 8. 2B Matthew Batten
- 9. CF Trent Grisham
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Padress broadcast will be on SDPA.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Padres fans can tune into the game on KWFN 97.3 and XEMO 860.