The Phillies (89-69) have come hot at the right time and are on a season-high seven-game winning streak. The latest such victory came on Wednesday night, as they recovered from an early five-run deficit, to win 7-6 versus the Pirates (74-84). One of the highlights was Garrett Stubbs hitting his first home run of the season. The Phillies will now go for the series sweep, in their final home game before the playoffs begin next week.
Probable starting pitchers
- Zack Wheeler (13-6) might not have been quite up to the standard of seasons past, but he's still been pretty damn good and will get the nod for the Phillies' Wild Card opener. In 31 outings, he's produced a 3.64 ERA, 3.19 FIP and 1.074 WHIP. For the Phillies specifically, Wheeler leads all pitchers with a 4.1 WAR and 21 quality starts. In his previous outing versus the Mets saw him allow eight hits, a walk and five runs (three earned) in 7.0 innings, striking out six in the process.
- This season has been nothing for Luis Ortiz (4-5) to write home about, as he has struggled to establish himself as a long-term starter in the Majors. On the season, he has recorded a 4.96 ERA, 5.58 FIP and 1.727 WHIP in 17 appearances (including 14 starts). Last time out against the Reds, Ortiz gave up four hits, two walks and three earned runs in 3.2 innings. This will be his final start of the 2023 campaing, so he needs to make it a good one and give the Pirates reason to have hope in him.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 28
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Edmundo Sosa
- 8. LF Jake Cave
- 9. CF Cristian Pache
Pittsburgh Pirates starting lineup, September 28
- 1. 2B Ji Hwan Bae
- 2. DH Bryan Reynolds
- 3. 3B Jared Triolo
- 4. CF Jack Suwinski
- 5. RF Miguel Andujar
- 6. LF Joshua Palacios
- 7. 1B Alfonso Rivas
- 8. SS Nick Gonzales
- 9. C Jason Delay
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast
- The Pirates broadcast will be on ATT SportsNet-PIT
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680
- Pirates fans can tune into the game on KDKA-FM 93.7