While it had seemed inevitable of late, the Phillies (88-69) officially clinched the top NL wild card spot and a home series on Tuesday night. And they achieved it in dramatic fashion, courtesy of Johan Rojas' walk-off single in extra innings versus the Pirates (74-83). The Phillies will host the NL's number two seed in the first round of the playoffs, which at this stage could theoretically be one of four teams. First things first though, they still have five more regular season games to go, including Wednesday's matchup with the Pirates.
Probable starting pitchers
- There's no denying this has been a tough one for Ranger Suárez (4-6). Injuries have compromised his ability to perform closer to what he's capable of, although he's still second among all Phillies pitchers with a 2.8 WAR. To date, Suárez has produced a 3.89 ERA, 3.95 FIP and 1.380 WHIP in 21 starts. Last time out was a tough outing for him, as he gave up five hits, two walks and four earned runs in 6.2 innings versus the Mets but still came away with the run.
- It's been an interesting season for Johan Oviedo (9-14), in his year as a regular starter in the rotation. He leads the NL in losses, while his 4.12 ERA, 4.39 FIP and 1.361 WHIP don't exactly stand out. On the flip side however, Oviedo has allowed two or fewer earned runs in 18 of his 31 starts. This includes his previous start, when he allowed four hits and five walks, but no erned runs in 6.0 innings against the Cubs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 27
- 1. 2B Bryson Stott
- 2. SS Edmundo Sosa
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. DH Brandon Marsh
- 5. RF Cristian Pache
- 6. LF Jake Cave
- 7. CF Johan Rojas
- 8. 3B Rodolfo Castro
- 9. C Garrett Stubbs
Pittsburgh Pirates starting lineup, September 27
- 1. 1B Jared Triolo
- 2. LF Bryan Reynolds
- 3. 3B Ke'Bryan Hayes
- 4. DH Connor Joe
- 5. RF Henry Davis
- 6. CF Jack Suwinski
- 7. SS Liover Peguero
- 8. C Endy Rodriguez
- 9. 2B Nick Gonzales
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast
- The Pirates broadcast will be on ATT SportsNet-PIT
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680
- Pirates fans can tune into the game on KDKA-FM 93.7