While the Phillies (56-48) had no devine right to win on Saturday night, they should have taken advantage versus a struggling Pirates (46-58) ballclub. Instead, they came up frustratingly short in a 7-6 loss. Philadelphia does maintain their tenuous hold on a wild card spot in the NL, but victory is vital in the rubber match on Sunday.
Probable starting pitchers
- Since coming into the rotation as a regular starter in mid-June, Cristopher Sánchez (0-3) has proven to be a pleasant surprise for the Phillies. His 2.98 ERA and 0.969 WHIP are both best among all Philadelphia starters, albeit only from eight outings. Sánchez is coming off a game versus the Orioles where he set a couple of career-highs, pitching 7.0 innings and throwing eight strikeouts. The Phillies' biggest challenge might be taking advantage of his fine overall form, with them going just 3-5 in his eight appearances this year.
- Opposing Sánchez will be Rich Hill (7-10), a respected veteran of the game. While he doesn't really have an individual accolades per se, he's displayed enough talent and durability to last 19 years in the Majors. Hill has been one of the mainstays of the Pirates rotation, even though his 4.82 ERA and 1,474 WHIP should have the Phillies lineup fancying their chances. His previous outing versus the Padres lasted just 4.1 innings, as he gave up seven hits, a couple of walks and two earned runs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, July 30
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. RF Nick Castellans
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. 1B Alec Bohm
- 5. SS Trea Turner
- 6. 3B Edmundo Sosa
- 7. 2B Josh Harrison
- 8. C Garrett Stubbs
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Pittsburgh Pirates starting lineup, July 30
- 1. 1B Connor Joe
- 2. LF Bryan Reynolds
- 3. DH Andrew McCutchen
- 4. RF Henry Davis
- 5. 3B Jared Triolo
- 6. CF Josh Palacios
- 7. SS Liover Peguero
- 8. 2B Nick Gonzales
- 9. C Austin Hedges
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be televised on NBCSP.
- The Pirates broadcast will be televised on ATTP.
- Game time - 1:35 pm ET
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680
- Pirates fans can tune into the game on KDKA 93.7