The Phillies (89-71) are in the fortunate position of having nothing to play for this weekend. With the top NL wild card spot secured, they have the luxury of homefield advantage for the first round of the playoffs. Despite this, the Fightin' Phils still didn't give up in Game 1 of their double-header versus the Mets (73-86), battling back from an early four-run deficit to barely lose 4-3. Expect more of the same battling mentality in Game 2.
Probable starting pitchers
- One of the Phillies' main priorities is making sure their main starters are fresh come playoff time. As such, Michael Plassmeyer (0-1) will make the first start of his Major League career in the second game of Saturday's double-header. He has made two appearances for the Phillies so far in 2023, totaling 7.1 innings. Within this short sample size, he has produced a 3.68 ERA, 3.38 FIP and 1.364 WHIP.
- After signing a two-year deal during the offseason, José Quintana (3-6) didn't make his debut for the Mets until July due to a rib injury. Since then he's pitched decent enough, only twice allowing more than three earned runs in 12 starts. As a whole, Quintana has produced a 3.39 ERA, 3.45 FIP and 1.284 WHIP. In his previous start -- which came against the Phillies -- he had one of his few poor outings, as he gave up eight hits and six runs (five earned).
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 30: Game 2
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Edmundo Sosa
- 6. 1B Weston Wilson
- 7. C Garrett Stubbs
- 8. CF Johan Rojas
- 9. LF Cristian Pache
New York Mets starting lineup, September 30: Game 2
- 1. CF Rafael Ortega
- 2. 2B Ronny Mauricio
- 3. DH Pete Alonso
- 4. SS Francisco Lindor
- 5. 1B Mark Vientos
- 6. 3B Brett Baty
- 7. C Francisco Alvarez
- 8. RF DJ Stewart
- 9. LF Tim Locastro
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:15 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast
- The Mets broadcast will be on WPIX
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680
- Mets fans can tune into the game on WCBS 880 and Audacy