The Phillies (84-69) made tough work of it, but ultimately they did what it took to beat the Mets (71-82) in Thursday's series opener. Of particular note, Nick Castellanos now has a career high 103 RBI following the 5-4 win. For the team as a whole, the Phillies now have a 3.0 game advantage for the top NL Wild Card position with nine to play. Additionally they have a 5.0 game lead over those chasing a playoff spot.
Probable starting pitchers
- This has been a tough month so far for Taijuan Walker (15-5), with a combined 7.27 ERA in three starts. This includes his previous outing against the Cardinals, when he gave up eight hits, a walks and five earned runs in 7.0 innings. In terms of the season as a whole, Walker has produced a 4.40 ERA, 4.54 FIP and 1.328 WHIP in 29 starts. If nothing else he's been able to record a career-high 15 wins, which is tied fourth-most in the Majors.
- Tylor Megill (8-8) has disappointed this season, as evidenced by just four quality starts in 23 games. To date he has produced a 4.94 ERA and is on course for new career-worsts with a 5.18 FIP and 1.655 WHIP. In fairness Megill has pitched better of late, with a combined 3.13 ERA in his previous six starts. Last time out he did give up nine hits and struck out just two in 5.2 innings versus the Reds, but only allowed three runs (two earned).
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 22
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
New York Mets starting lineup, September 22
- 1. CF Bradon Nimmo
- 2. SS Francisco Lindor
- 3. RF Jeff McNeil
- 4. 1B Pete Alonso
- 5. 2B Ronny Mauricio
- 6. 3B Brett Baty
- 7. DH Mark Vientos
- 8. LF Rafael Ortega
- 9. C Omar Narvaez
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:05 pm ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on Apple TV+
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Mets fans can tune into the game on WCBS 880 and Audacy.