The Phillies (83-69) clinched a crucial 6-5 extra innings win versus the Braves on Wednesday afternoon. As a result, they won their first series of the season versus arguably the best team in the Majors. The Phillies are in a good spot with 10 to play, holding a 2.5 game advantage for the top NL wild card position and sitting 4.5 ahead of those outside a playoff spot. They now return to Philadelphia for their final homestand of the 2023 regular season, beginning with four games versus the Mets (71-81).
Probable starting pitchers
- Ranger Suárez (3-6) has had his challenges in 2023, with injuries impacting his ability to perform closer to the peak of his abilities. In 20 starts this season he has produced a 3.80 ERA, 3.90 FIP and 1.399 WHIP. In fairness Suárez has limited the runs of late, as evidenced by a combined 2.86 ERA in his last six outings. Last time out saw him allow just four hits and one earned run in 6.0 innings versus the Cardinals, although he did tie his season-high of four walks.
- David Peterson (3-8) has been unable to build on a promising 2022 campaign and it could ultimately cost him a place in the Mets rotation. The Phillies lineup should be looking forward to facing a pitcher who averages 10.4 hits per-nine-innings and has a 45 percent hard-hit rate. On the year, Peterson has a 5.22 ERA, 4.45 FIP and a projected career-high 1.590 WHIP. In his previous start against the Reds he pitched well, giving up six hits, two walks and three runs (two earned) in 5.2 innings, striking out a season-high 10 in the process.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 21
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. 1B Bryce Harper
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. CF Johan Rojas
- 9. LF Cristian Pache
New York Mets starting lineup, September 21
- 1. CF Bradon Nimmo
- 2. 2B Ronny Mauricio
- 3. 1B Pete Alonso
- 4. SS Francisco Lindor
- 5. DH Mark Vientos
- 6. RF Jeff McNeil
- 7. C Francisco Alvarez
- 8. 3B Brett Baty
- 9. LF Tim Locastro
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:15 pm ET
- Fox will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Mets broadcast will be on WWOR.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Mets fans can tune into the game on WCBS 880 and Audacy.