It wasn't a good Saturday for the Phillies (89-72), as they were swept in a double-header versus the Mets (74-86). At the same time it doesn't ultimately matter, with the top NL wild card seed already secured. As such the main concern for manager Rob Thomson, is making sure his important players are rested and ready to go on Tuesday night when the playoffs begin. The Phillies will now close out their regular season on Sunday, before starting their quest for a second straight World Series appearance.
Probable starting pitchers
- Matt Strahm (9-5) has seen limited use as a starter and opener for the Phillies this season, on nine occasions. For the most part though, he's been one of the strongest options in the bullpen. For the season as a whole, Strahm has produced a 3.32 ERA, 3.29 FIP and 1.027 WHIP in 86.2 combined innings. He did pitch poorly in his previous appearance, allowing three hits and two runs in 1.0 innings versus the Pirates and being tagged with the loss.
- José Butto (1-3) was provided with a golden opportunity to show what he can do in the rotation, as a result of a season-ending injury to Carlos Carrasco. He's been decent enough, with a 3.75 ERA, 3.84 FIP and 1.361 WHIP in eight games this season, which includes six starts. In fairness, Butto had not allowed more than to earned runs in any of his first five starts. It was only when he came up against the Phillies in his last outing that he was found wanting, allowing four hits, two walks and four runs in 4.0 innings.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, October 1
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. RF Nick Castellanos
- 3. 2B Bryson Stott
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. LF Brandon Marsh
- 6. SS Edmundo Sosa
- 7. 1B Jake Cave
- 8. CF Johan Rojas
- 9. C Garrett Stubbs
New York Mets starting lineup, October 1
- 1. CF Rafael Ortega
- 2. 2B Ronny Mauricio
- 3. 1B Pete Alonso
- 4. SS Francisco Lindor
- 5. DH Mark Vientos
- 6. 3B Brett Baty
- 7. C Francisco Álvarez
- 8. RF DJ Stewart
- 9. LF Tim Locastro
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 3:10 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast
- The Mets broadcast will be on SNY
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 1210 WPHT and WTTM 1680
- Mets fans can tune into the game on WCBS 880 and Audacy