The Phillies put in a resounding effort versus the Twins, in Friday's series opener. Certainly the 13-2 win was an impressive one, as the offense exploded for 15 hits on the night. As a result the Phillies maintain their hold on the first NL wild card spot, albeit still with a lot of baseball left to play. Next up, they'll aim to secure the Twins series with a game to spare on Saturday night.
Probable starting pitchers
- Taijuan Walker (13-4) has been enjoying a productive first season in Philadelphia. He was the first pitcher to reach 13 wins in 2023, which also double as a personal career-high. As much as Walker's 3.98 ERA and 4.39 FIP don't stand out, he's doing well enough to that his 2.4 WAR is second-best among all Phillies pitchers. Along these lines, last time out he had his issues versus the Royals, but still got the win despite allowing seven hits and four runs in 7.0 innings.
- Pablo López is having an excellent campaign - arguably the best of his six years in the Majors. He was selected for his first All-Star game, while also being on course to set single-season personal bests with a 1.101 WHIP and 30.0 percent strike-rate. López has 14 quality starts in 23 outings and is currently on a run of four consecutive games allowing two or fewer earned runs. Last time out he was excellent versus the Tigers, allowing just five hits and no walks or runs in 7.0 innings, recording eight strikeouts in the process.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 12
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 1B Alec Bohm
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. SS Trea Turner
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. CF Jake Cave
- 9. 3B Rodolfo Castro
Minnesota Twins starting lineup, August 12
- 1. DH Edouard Julien
- 2. 2B Jorge Polanco
- 3. RF Max Kepler
- 4. SS Carlos Correa
- 5. LF Matt Wallner
- 6. 3B Willi Castro
- 7. C Christian Vazquez
- 8. 1B Joey Gallo
- 9. CF Michael A. Taylor
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Twins broadcast will be on Bally Sports North.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Twins fans can tune into the game on TIBN, WCCO, 102.9 The Wolf and Audacy.