The Phillies (74-61) came up short once again at American Family Field on Saturday night, with a second consecutive 7-5 loss to the Brewers (76-59). In truth though -- unlike Friday night -- the game wasn't as close as the final scoreline might suggest. Fortunately for the Phillies, other results helped them keep a 2.5 game lead for the top NL Wild Card spot. Now they will aim to leave Milwaukee with at least one win, in Sunday afternoon's series finale.
Probable starting pitchers
- It's been a tough year for Ranger Suárez (2-6), with injuries compromising his 2023 campaign. He didn't start until mid-May due to a left elbow issue, and is now just returning from a stint on the Injured List with a right hamstring strain. Overall, Suárez has made 17 starts this season, producing both a ERA and FIP of 3.88, to go along with a 1.428 WHIP. In his last Major League start versus the Twins he pitched well, allowing six hits and just two earned runs -- albeit also three walks -- in 6.1 innings, and striking out eight.
- Wade Miley (7-3) has been in fine form this season for the Brewers, as evidenced by his 3.17 ERA being lowest among all regular starters. In fact, he has a chance to finish with the second-best ERA of his 13-year Major League career. In addition, Miley is on course to produce the most efficient WHIP of his time in the Majors, with it currently standing at 1.142. Remaining on the topic of efficient, he gave up just four hits, no walks and two earned runs in 6.0 innings during his previous start against the Cubs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 3
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. RF Nick Castellanos
- 4. DH Bryce Harper
- 5. 1B Alec Bohm
- 6. C JT Realmuto
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. CF Cristian Pache
- 9. 3B Edmundo Sosa
Milwaukee Brewers starting lineup, September 3
- 1. LF Mark Canha
- 2. DH William Contreras
- 3. 1B Carlos Santana
- 4. SS Willy Adames
- 5. RF Tyrone Taylor
- 6. CF Joey Wiemer
- 7. C Victor Caratini
- 8. 3B Andruw Monasterio
- 9. 2B Brice Turang
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 1:05 pm ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on Peacock TV.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Brewers fans can tune into the game on WTMJ 620.