It's fair to say the series in Milwaukee didn't begin as planned on Friday night. What looked like it was going to be a dramatic late rally in the eighth to beat the Brewers (75-59), soon became a heartbreaking collapse in the same inning. Other results mean the Phillies (74-60) are still in a good position as the top NL Wild Card seed. However they don't want to ruin this advantage, so they need to bounce right back and tie the series at American Family Field.
Probable starting pitchers
- More is expected of Aaron Nola (12-8), who last season set career-bests with a 2.58 FIP, 0.961 WHIP and 3.6 percent walk-rate. Overall though this year has been too inconsistent given his ability, as per a 4.30 ERA and 13 quality starts in 27 outings. Having said this Nola has been better of late, with the Phillies winning his previous four starts. In fact last time out was his best start of the 2023 campaign, as he allowed just one hit and a walk in 7.0 innings versus the Cardinals, also striking out nine in the process.
- Fair or not, Colin Rea (5-5) has been the most underwhelming of the Brewers' five most regular starters this year. On the season he has just four quality starts in 19 outing, and overall has produced a 5.11 ERA, 5.07 FIP and 1.266 WHIP. The righty was recalled for Saturday's start, after spending most of August in Triple-A Nashville. Last time out in the Majors, he allowed eight hits, six earned runs and three walks in a disastrous 4.0 innings against the Pirates.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 2
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. 3B Alec Bohm
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. CF Brandon Marsh
- 9. LB Jake Cave
Milwaukee Brewers starting lineup, September 2
- 1. LF Christian Yelich
- 2. C William Contreras
- 3. 1B Carlos Santana
- 4. CF Sal Frelick
- 5. SS Willy Adames
- 6. LF Mark Canha
- 7. 2B Brice Turang
- 8. 3B Andruw Monasterio
- 9. RF Tyrone Taylor
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:15 pm ET
- The game will be televised nationally on FOX.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Brewers fans can tune into the game on WTMJ 620.