Wednesday's game was undoubtedly a special one as Bryce Harper hit the 300th home run of his Major League career. Unfortunately for the Phillies (74-59) they were unable to ride the wave of this momentous achievement, as the Angels ended their five-game winning streak. Regardless, they maintain a decent hold on the top NL Wild Card spot and a playoff position in general. Now, they prepare for a crucial series in Milwaukee, versus a Brewers (74-59) ballclub currently leading the NL Central.
Probable starting pitchers
- While not quite on the same level as the two years, Zack Wheeler (10-6) has still been pretty damn good for the Phillies. He enters Friday's game with a 3.59 ERA, 3.01 FIP and 1.076 WHIP on the season. For the Phillies specifically, Wheeler leads all pitchers with 17 quality starts and a 3.5 WAR. Last time out he allowed just three hits, no walks and one earned run in 7.0 innings against the Cardinals, while also striking out 10.
- While not dominating per se, Freddy Peralta (11-8) has had a solid year overall in Milwaukee. He has already set a new personal best for wins, while recording a 3.95 ERA, 3.86 FIP and 1.173 WHIP. August was Peralta's best month yet in 2023 as he won all five of his starts, producing a 2.10 ERA and 0.900 WHIP in the process. In his previous start specifically, he gave up two hits, three walks and two earned runs in 5.1 innings, while notching nine strikeouts.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 1
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. 3B Alec Bohm
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. CF Brandon Marsh
- 9. LF Jake Cave
Milwaukee Brewers starting lineup, September 1
- 1. LF Christian Yelich
- 2. C William Contreras
- 3. 1B Carlos Santana
- 4. CF Sal Frelick
- 5. SS Willy Adames
- 6. DH Rowdy Tellez
- 7. RF Mark Canha
- 8. 2B Brice Turang
- 9. 3B Andruw Monasterio
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 8:10 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Brewers broadcast will be on Bally Sports Wisconsin.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Brewers fans can tune into the game on WTMJ 620.