Things looked good for the Phillies (77-63) on Friday night, as they held a 2-0 lead through five innings. However, their lack of hits eventually cost them as the Marlins (73-68) came back to win 3-2 and take the first of an an important three-game series. Fortunately for the Phillies the Cubs also lost, to maintain their 2.0 advantage for the top NL Wild Card spot. The chasing pack -- including the Marlins -- is getting closer though, so they really need to tie up the series on Saturday night at Citizens Bank Park.
Probable starting pitchers
- Aaron Nola (12-9) continues to disappoint this season in Philadelphia. He's not been terrible per se, with him ranking second on the team in wins, quality starts and strikeouts. However, Nola has a 4.55 ERA and is only fifth among all Phillies pitchers, with a 1.7 WAR. Last time out was a disaster for the righty, as he gave up eight hits. three walks and seven earned runs in 4.2 innings versus the Brewers.
- This year has been a challenging one for Johnny Cueto (1-3) with one injury after another. As a result, he's been limited to just seven starts (eight games overall), since signing a one-year deal with the Marlins back in January. With so many different ailments Cueto has struggled to get going, as evidenced by a 5.54 ERA and 6.53 FIP, although he does also have a decent 1.152 WHIP. In his previous start against the Nationals, he allowed five hits, two walks and three earned runs in 5.0 innings, but did record his first win of the season.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 9
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. CF Brandon Marsh
- 8. RF Nick Castellanos
- 9. LF Jake Cave
Miami Marlins starting lineup, September 9
- 1. 1B Luis Arraez
- 2. DH Josh Bell
- 3. 3B Jake Burger
- 4. CF Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- 5. LF Bryan De La Cruz
- 6. RF Jesus Sanchez
- 7. SS Garrett Hampson
- 8. 2B Xavier Edwards
- 9. C Jacob Stallings
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Marlins broadcast will be on Bally Sports Florida.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Marlins fans can tune into the game on WAQI 710, 610 AM WIOD.