With just over three weeks to go in the regular season, time is running out for certain teams to make their move. In this respect -- as much as things can change quickly in baseball -- the Phillies (77-62) are in a decent position in the top NL wild card position and 5.5 games ahead of those chasing a playoff spot. Their next series versus the Marlins (72-68) is an intriguing one, with their divisional rivals right back in contention thanks to a recent six-game winning streak.
Probable starting pitchers
- Cristopher Sánchez (2-3) has really impressed during his third season in the Majors, proving to be a mostly reliable option in the rotation. Entering Friday's game, he has recorded a 3.48 ERA, 4.27 FIP and 1.040 WHIP in 14 starts. The 26-year-old had his start pushed back from Wednesday versus the Padres, to keep Zack Wheeler on his regular schedule. Last time out saw Sánchez go just 4.2 innings against the Angeles, as he gave up seven hits and five runs -- albeit two unearned -- while striking out five.
- Eury Pérez (5-4) has been an impressive addition to the rotation, since making his Major League debut in May. He leads all Marlins starters with a 2.86 ERA and 1.081 WHIP in 16 outings. Pérez also averages just under 11 strikeouts and three walks per-nine innings. Last time out in Washington was one of his poorer starts of the season, as he allowed five hits, three walks and three earned runs (all courtesy of home runs) in 4.2 innings, striking out five battes in the process.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 8
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. 3B Alec Bohm
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Miami Marlins starting lineup, September 8
- 1. 2B Luis Arraez
- 2. DH Josh Bell
- 3. 3B Jake Burger
- 4. LF Bryan De La Cruz
- 5. 1B Yuli Gurriel
- 6. RF Garrett Hampson
- 7. CF Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- 8. SS Jon Berti
- 9. C Jacob Stallings
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Marlins broadcast will be on Bally Sports Florida.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Marlins fans can tune into the game on FOX Sports 940AM (WINZ) and WAQI 710.