The Phillies (78-63) got an important win on Saturday night, as they doubled up the Marlins (73-69). Nick Castellanos deserves particular credit, with him producing a couple of hits and two RBI after being moved down to eighth in a lineup for the first time since back in 2015. With the 8-4 victory and the Cubs losing, the Phillies increased their lead for the top NL Wild Card position to 3.0 games. They will now aim to put a dent in the Marlins' own playoff hopes, by taking the series in Sunday's rubber match.
Probable starting pitchers
- Ranger Suárez (2-6) has had a challenging season, with injuries compromising his productivity. In 18 starts this year, he's produced a 3.91 ERA, 4.07 FIP and 1.441 WHIP. In fairness Suárez has looked better of late, allowing no more than two earned runs in his four previous starts. Last time out versus the Brewers -- in his first action since returning from a right hamstring strain -- he gave up five hits, a couple of walks and two earned runs, albeit in just 4.0 innings.
- Steven Okert (3-1) gets the start on Sunday for the Marlins, but in reality he's the opener. This will be just his second such 'start' of the season. On the year Okert has a 3.44 ERA, 3.34 FIP and 1.146 WHIP in 56 appearances. In his previous appearance he allowed just one hit and no walks or earned runs in 0.2 innings versus the Phillies on Friday, striking out two batters in the process.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 10
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. 1B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. CF Brandon Marsh
- 8. RF Nick Castellanos
- 9. 3B Edmundo Sosa
Miami Marlins starting lineup, September 10
- 1. SS Garrett Hampson
- 2. DH Josh Bell
- 3. 3B Jake Burger
- 4. RF Bryan De La Cruz
- 5. LF Dane Myers
- 6. 1B Yuli Gurriel
- 7. CF Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- 8. 2B Jon Berti
- 9. C Nick Fortes
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 1:05 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Marlins broadcast will be on Bally Sports Florida.
- The game will be broadcast nationally on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 1210 WPHT and WTTM 1680.
- Marlins fans can tune into the game on FOX Sports 940AM (WINZ) and WAQI 710.