After a big Game 1 victory in front of a raucous Philadelphia crowd, the Phillies will look to keep the party going tonight when they host the Miami Marlins for Game 2 of their Wild Card matchup. With a win, the Phillies will eliminate the Miami Marlins and complete the quick two-game sweep. Closing out the Marlins tonight would earn them an extra day off before heading to Atlanta to face the Braves in the NLDS.
Probable starting pitchers
- Aaron Nola will take the ball for the Phillies in Game 2. The 30-year-old Nola pitched to a 12-9 record and a 4.46 ERA in a regular season characterized by inconsistency. Despite the ups and downs, the righty threw 193 2/3 innings, logging 202 strikeouts along the way. Luckily for the Phillies, Nola looked sharp in his last couple of outings of the season, posting quality starts against the Braves and Pirates with back-to-back eight-strikeout games.
- Braxton Garrett (9-7) will head to the rubber for the Marlins on Wednesday in a must-win situation. The 26-year-old lefty just completed his first full season in the majors, striking out 156 in 159 2/3 innings. He finished with a respectable 3.66 ERA and didn't give up many free passes with a 1.63 BB/9. His final start of the regular season wasn't ideal, as he gave up four runs and only struck out two through four innings versus the Mets.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, NL Wild Card: Game 2
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 3B Alec Bohm
- 4. 1B Bryce Harper
- 5. C J.T. Realmuto
- 6. RF Nick Castellanos
- 7. 2B Bryson Stott
- 8. LF Cristian Pache
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Miami Marlins starting lineup, NL Wild Card: Game 2
- 1. 2B Luis Arraez
- 2. DH Jorge Soler
- 3. 1B Josh Bell
- 4. CF Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- 5. 3B Jake Burger
- 6. LF Bryan De La Cruz
- 7. RF Jesús Sánchez
- 8. SS Jon Berti
- 9. C Jacob Stallings
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 8:08 p.m. ET
- The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680
- Marlins fans can tune into the game on FOX Sports 940AM (WINZ) and WAQI 710