The Phillies (72-58) seem to be coming into form at just the right time, winning seven of their past 10 games. This includes a sweep over the Cardinals, which was as impressive as it was necessary, no matter how much the opponent is struggling. As a result, the Phillies maintain their hold on the top NL wild card spot, while also holding a five-game advantage over the nearest competition outside a playoff position. Now it's a case of continuing their momentum, versus an Angles (63-68) team which is just 7-17 since the trade deadline.
Probable starting pitchers
- Taijuan Walker (13-5) continues to do whatever it takes to win. In one respect, his 4.02 ERA and 4.57 FIP may not stand out, with him also on course for the second-worst strikeout and walk-rates of his 11-year Major League career. However, Walker has a team-leading and single-season career high 13 wins in 2023, as well as a 2.5 WAR which is second-best among all Phillies pitchers. Last time out versus the Giants, he allowed six hits, two walks and three runs (two earned) in 5.0 innings, while striking out seven batters.
- Simply put, Lucas Giolito (7-10) has had a miserable time since arriving in a trade from the White Sox in late July. He is just 1-4 in five starts for the Angels, in the process recording a 6.67 ERA, 6.12 FIP and 1.481 WHIP. For his season overall, Giolito has produced a 4.32 ERA, 4.75 FIP and 1.270 WHIP. In fairness he was decent in his previous start against the Reds, with just five hits and one earned run in 6.0 innings; what ruined the outing was his defense allowing three unearned runs.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 28
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. 3B Alec Bohm
- 7. C J.T. Realmuto
- 8. CF Brandon Marsh
- 9. LF Jake Cave
Los Angeles Angels starting lineup, August 28
- 1. 1B Nolan Schanuel
- 2. DH Shohei Ohtani
- 3. 2B Brandon Drury
- 4. 3B Mike Moustakas
- 5. SS Luis Rengifo
- 6. CF Mickey Moniak
- 7. C Logan O'Hoppe
- 8. RF Trey Cabbage
- 9. LF Randal Grichuk
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 6:40 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Angels broadcast will be on Bally Sports West.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Angels fans can tune into the game on KLAA 830.