After taking three of four from the division rival Miami Marlins, the Philadelphia Phillies are set to go for a weekend series against the Kansas City Royals. The Royals enter the day 35-75, good for a .318 winning percentage that lands them 29th out of 30 big league clubs this year (sorry, Oakland A's!).
Probable starting pitchers
- The Phillies are set to turn to 30-year-old Aaron Nola, who will be making his 23rd start of the year. The right-hander has either been great ... or not-so-great in all of his outings this year, which makes his future in Philly beyond this year largely uncertain. In 138 innings this season, Nola is 9-7 with a 4.43 ERA, 4.26 FIP and an ERA+ all the way down to 97.
- Opposing Nola will be Royals starter Jordan Lyles, who is having one of the worst pitching seasons in recent memory. The 32-year-old has always been a serviceable innings eater over the course of his 13-year big league career, but the wheels have really fallen off in 2023. Lyles enters tonight's contest with a 2-12 record, 6.15 ERA, 5.35 FIP and 71 ERA+. Nearly all of his metrics have dramatically decreased from last year's marks, including K/9, HR/9 and BB/9.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, August 4
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. 3B Alec Bohm
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. RF Nick Castellanos
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C JT Realmuto
- 7. LF Brandon Marsh
- 8. SS Trea Turner
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Kansas City Royals starting lineup, August 4
- 1. 3B Maikel Garcia
- 2. SS Bobby Witt Jr.
- 3. 2B Michael Massey
- 4. 1B Salvador Perez
- 5. DH Edward Olivares
- 6. LF MJ Melendez
- 7. C Freddy Fermin
- 8. RF Drew Waters
- 9. CF Kyle Isbel
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time: 7:05 pm ET
- NBC 10 and TeleXitos will have the Phillies broadcast this evening.
- The Royals broadcast will be on Bally Sports Kansas City.
- On a national stage, the game will be broadcast on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Royals fans can tune into the game at KCSP 610.