Tuesday was a tough night for the Phillies (82-69), as they were dominated 9-3 by the Braves (97-54). The offense only managed four hits, while Michael Lorenzen had a disastrous appearance out of the bullpen. As a result, the Phillies' lead for the top NL Wild Card spot shrank to 2.5 games, with 11 to play. They'll now hope to win the rubber match in Atlanta, before returning home for their final homestand of the regular season.
Probable starting pitchers
- Aaron Nola (12-9) is following one of the best season's of his nine-year Major league career, with one of his poorest. He's on course for his highest FIP and second-lowest strikeout rate, at 4.19 and 24.9 percent respectively. Nola also has a 4.62 ERA although it's not all bad, with a 1.177 WHIP in his 30 starts. Last time out he had a tough outing in St. Louis, allowing seven hits, a walk and three runs (two earned) in 4.2 innings, while only striking out one batter in the process.
- At one point Bryce Elder (12-4) had a 7-1 record, 2.45 ERA and 1.140 WHIP through 17 starts. Since then however, he's experienced a dip in form with a 5-3 record, 5.15 ERA and 1.345 WHIP in his last 12 outings. This could cost Elder a spot in the rotation come playoff time, but overall he's had a good first full season as a starter, including being selected to the All-Star Game. In his last outing versus the Marlins he gave up a season-high nine hits to go along with four earned runs in 5.0 innings, but did strike out six.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 20
- 1. LF Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. DH Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. CF Brandon Marsh
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. 1B Jake Cave
- 9. C Garrett Stubbs
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 20
- 1. RF Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. LF Eddie Rosario
- 7. C Sean Murphy
- 8. CF Michael Harris II
- 9. SS Nicky Lopez
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on today?
- Game time - 12:20 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports South.
- The game will be broadcast nationally on MLB Network for out-of-network viewers only.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game today?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan.