One week after losing three of four versus the Braves (96-54) at home, the Phillies (82-68) got the return series off to a positive start. Zack Wheeler got a measure of revenge against the NL East champions, with a standout bounce-back performance. As a result of the impressive 7-1 win, the Phillies maintain a 3.5 game advantage for the top NL wild card spot with just 12 to play. They'll now aim to take Game 2 and the series against their divisional rivals on Tuesday night.
Probable starting pitchers
- Last time out was an interesting outing for Cristopher Sánchez (2-4), against these very same Braves. While he went 7.1 innings and struck out 10, he also allowed eight hits, a walk and four earned runs, to be tagged with the loss. As a whole though, this has been a promising breakout season for Sánchez. In 16 starts he has produced a 3.40 ERA, 4.03 FIP and 1.053 WHIP.
- After finishing second in NL Rookie of the Year voting last season, Spencer Strider (17-5) is now putting together a campaign worthy of Cy Young consideration. He leads the Majors with 17 wins, 259 strikeouts and a 2.83 FIP. Strider also has a 3.73 ERA and a 1.083 whip, while leading the Braves with 17 quality starts in 29 outings. His last appearance came against the Phillies and he dominated, giving up just four hits, two walks and one earned run in 7.0 innings, striking out nine in the process.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 19
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 19
- 1. RF Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. C Travis d'Arnaud
- 7. SS Orlando Arcia
- 8. LF Kevin Pillar
- 9. CF Michael Harris II
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:20 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports South.
- The game will be broadcast nationally on TBS.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan and La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM.