The Cardinals series didn't finish quite as planned, with the Phillies (81-68) losing a tight 6-5 affair in Sunday's finale. Regardless, winning two of the three games in St. Louis saw them build a 3.0 game advantage for the top wild card position in the NL. Now they renew hostilities with their divisional rivals, the Braves (96-53). It will undoubtedly be a tough challenge, versus a team which was the first to clinch a playoff spot and has the best record in the Majors.
Probable starting pitchers
- Zack Wheeler (11-6) will be looking to bounce back after struggling in his previous start, which also came against the Braves. On the night he allowed seven hits, three walks and six earned runs in 5.0 innings. For the season as a whole though Wheeler has pitched well, with a 3.70 ERA, 3.17 FIP and excellent 1.074 WHIP in 29 outings. For the Phillies specifically, he leads all pitchers with 19 quality starts and 3.9 WAR.
- Kyle Wright (0-2) had significant success last season in his first full campaign as a starter, highlighted by leading the Majors with 21 wins. This year however has been a challenging one, with him missing more than four months with a shoulder injury. Wright made his return last week against these same Phillies but struggled, allowing six hits, two walks and six earned runs in just 3.0 innings. On the season he has produced a 7.48 ERA, 4.41 FIP and 1.892 WHIP.
Philadelphia Phillies starting lineup, September 18
- 1. DH Kyle Schwarber
- 2. SS Trea Turner
- 3. 1B Bryce Harper
- 4. 3B Alec Bohm
- 5. 2B Bryson Stott
- 6. C J.T. Realmuto
- 7. RF Nick Castellanos
- 8. LF Brandon Marsh
- 9. CF Johan Rojas
Atlanta Braves starting lineup, September 18
- 1. RF Ronald Acuna Jr.
- 2. 2B Ozzie Albies
- 3. 3B Austin Riley
- 4. 1B Matt Olson
- 5. DH Marcell Ozuna
- 6. LF Eddie Rosario
- 7. C Sean Murphy
- 8. SS Orlando Arcia
- 9. CF Michael Harris II
What channel is the Philadelphia Phillies game on tonight?
- Game time - 7:20 pm ET
- NBCSP will have the Phillies broadcast.
- The Braves broadcast will be on Bally Sports South.
How do I stream the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
How can I listen to the Philadelphia Phillies game tonight?
- The Phillies broadcast will be on 94 WIP and WTTM 1680.
- Braves fans can tune into the game on 680 AM/93.7 FM The Fan and La Mejor 1600/1460/1130 AM.